Genuine Goat Pelts for Sale
Looking for a unique piece to transform your office or den?
Want a genuine handcrafted item that is versatile in any room?
Hoping to have something that accents your existing decor?
Marble Creek Acres offers one of a kind, 100% handcrafted goat pelts that make for terrific throws or rugs. Rather than importing decorative goat skins from Europe or other regions of the world, these genuine goat leather hair on pelts are locally processed and handmade in Northern Maine.
Each goat pelt is unique and offers natural warmth and softness to any room. These elegant and stylish accent rugs provide versatility and add cosiness to any space in your home or office. With beautiful colors, the eye-catching rugs provide distinct accents to your existing decor.
How are pelts graded?
Pelts are quality graded; Firsts, Seconds, Thirds, and Fourths, based on imperfections in the hide. Imperfections include holes, cuts, blemishes, missing shanks, and mis-shapen skins or fur.
- Firsts or first grade pelts have no major imperfections but may have minor cuts, holes or blemishes in the main panel of the skin or fur
- Seconds or second grade pelts have major imperfections in the main panel but are confined to within 4" of the edge of the skin
- Thirds or third grade pelts have major imperfections in the main panel not confined to within 4" of the edge of the skin, may have a missing shank but have a minimum of 2 sq. feet of continuous usable area
- Fourths or fourth grade pelts are grossly mis-shapen skins or skins with less than 2 sq. feet of continuous usable area
How are pelt sizes determined?
Pelts sizes are determined by the continuous square footage available in the main panel of the skin or fur. Pelt sizes are as follows:
- 2XL = More than 8 sq. feet
- XL = 7-8 sq. feet
- Large = 6-7 sq. feet
- Medium = 4-6 sq. feet
- Small = Less than 4 sq. feet
How do I care for my goat pelt?
To maintain the natural beauty of your goat pelt throw or rug, shake, vacuum, and use a soft bristle pet brush regularly. Avoid direct sunlight and areas of high humidity. With proper care, you can enjoy your genuine hair-on goat hide pelt for years to come.
How do I care for my goat pelt should it require extensive cleaning?
Should your goat pelt need more extensive care or cleaning, use a professional dry cleaner.
Tuesday, January 12, 2021